This week is Banned Books Week, which means that is time for all faithful Christians and other men of good will to celebrate those periods in human history when error indeed had no rights. Time constraints are keeping me from writing anything new on this topic, and so I leave you, dear readers, with a small sample of prior pieces on this topic (several of which were written in response to David Mills’s own thoughtful commentaries on filtering out harmful ideas and images). Enjoy.
- “Revisiting the Blasphemy Question,” Opus Publicum, 1/15/2015
- “Mills, Alphonsus, and Reading Bad Books,” Opus Publicum, 9/23/2015
- “The Protection of Souls and the Banning of Books,” Ethika Politika, 10/12/2015
- “David Mills on TV and Saving Our Souls,” Opus Publicum, 10/14/2015
- “A Thought on Banning Pornography, And Other Things,” Opus Publicum, 5/24/2016