Christmas is less than a week away; do you still have some shopping to do? Or, come the 26th, will you find yourself fretting over where to dispose the loot given by friends and family who had grown weary trying to figure out what gift to get you? Never fear; some suggestions are here.
- Papa Stronsay Calendar – I have said it numerous times before, and I’ll say it again: this is the single best traditional Catholic wall calendar around. If you don’t believe me, click the link, watch the video, and then order it.
- The Angelus Magazine – Do you know what would go great with a beautiful traditional wall calendar? A year’s subscription to a wonderful traditional magazine. I can’t say enough good things about The Angelus; and it remains an honor for me to be published in it.
- Ordo Recitandi 2015 – The St. Lawrence Press Ordo is the only one available which follows the traditional Roman Rite as it existed prior to the unfortunate reforms of the 1950s and 60s. Even if you rely on the 1962 Breviarium Romanum, there is still a lot to be gleaned from this fine publication.
- Schola Sancta Caecelia, In Bethlehem – As I mentioned the other week, several talented young ladies from my parish have just released their second album of traditional chants and hymns. If you don’t own their first one, Stella Splendens, you can purchase that as well.
- The Remnant Newspaper – The good folks over at The Remnant are offering an array of subscription specials this holiday season; go take advantage of one.